Looking to gain unique leadership experience? Museum Council is looking for cultural professionals to fill vacant seats on our Board of Directors for the 2018-2020 term (with opportunities for extension).
As the largest museum focused, membership organization in Greater Philadelphia, Museum Council is leading the charge with innovative programs, events and networking opportunities for the museum community and the individuals who support it.
Join a diverse group of people dedicated to building connections between and among the diverse museum and cultural community in Philadelphia, develop leadership skills, serve the mission of Museum Council, and make professional connections.
Board members should have experience working (paid or service) with museums. While preferable, applicants do not need to be working in the specific area they apply for, but should have baseline knowledge and a willingness to learn.
- Serve a 2-year term, June 2018-June 2020
- Maintain your Museum Council membership
- Attend board meetings held 6 times per year
- Attend Museum Council events
- Serve on ad-hoc committees if needed
- Use their networks to promote Museum Council
- Board members (or their institutions) must bear the cost of board participation – Museum Council does not reimburse personal expenses incurred
- Complete the MC Nominations Form by May 18, 2018
- Applicants should also submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to email@example.com.
- All applicants will be notified of their status by May 29, 2018.
- New board members will be voted on during the Annual Meeting on June 20, 2018.
For more information, contact:
Chair, Nomination Committee, Museum Council
Museum Education Coordinator, American Philosophical Society