In the spirit of cultural leader John Alviti’s curiosity and imagination, the Museum Council of Greater Philadelphia has established the John Alviti Fund for Museum Innovation. John is known for sharing his deep knowledge of history, science, and technology, and for mentoring emerging museum colleagues. He is an important member of Museum Council, and this new fund honors John’s contributions to Philadelphia’s museum sector and enables cultural institutions in the region to test new approaches to programming, exhibitions, community engagement, and/or audience development.
In 2017, Museum Council will award one grant in the amount of $2,000 to support an institution in the Philadelphia region as it tests a new or expanded approach in programming, exhibitions, community engagement, and/or audience development. As this is a new program, Museum Council is open to ideas varying in size, scope, and impact that have the potential to benefit both visitors and the field.
- Applicant must be a current Museum Council member at the institutional level ($100 per year). If you are not a current member, visit philadelphiamuseumcouncil.org to join.
- Awardee must complete a brief report on their experience within 60 days of project completion, and provide information for use in Museum Council’s marketing and promotional materials.
- Awardees must commit to sharing their project with Museum Council members through a public event, such as a panel discussion, workshop, or presentation, within one year of project completion.
- Project must must take place between November 1, 2017 and December 31, 2018.
- Application can be accessed here.
- Application deadline is September 30, 2017.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Museum Council board and the awardee will be notified by October 31, 2017.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here if you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the John Alviti Fund.