The Museum Council of Greater Philadelphia in partnership with the Mütter Museum of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia is pleased to announce a request for applications to the Gretchen Worden Memorial Award. This year, thanks to the generosity of the Mütter Museum, a $1,000 grant will be awarded to a cultural professional to attend a national or regional conference, or to participate in a professional development opportunity. The award is named in honor of Gretchen Worden, who spent her career at the Mütter Museum of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia and was an avid supporter of local, national, and international professional organizations.
- Applicant must be a current Museum Council member. If you are not a current member, visit our membership page to join.
- Awardee must complete a brief report on their experience within 30 days of completion of the conference, and provide information for use in Museum Council’s marketing and promotional materials.
- Conference must take place between November 1, 2017 and December 31, 2018.
Funds may be used for travel, lodging, or registration costs.
- Application can be accessed here.
- Application deadline is September 30, 2017.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Museum Council board and the awardee will be notified by October 31, 2017.
- Awardee will be recognized at the Annual Meeting in June 2018.
Questions? Contact Jamie Hughes, Museum Council Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.