Join us at Laurel Hill Cemetery on Saturday May 12th for a spring picnic and some Philadelphia history! Bring your best picnic blanket and sandwiches and meet us at 12:00 pm to lunch among the gravestones. At 1:00 pm there will be an introduction and welcome by Emma Stern, Director of Programs at Laurel Hill Cemetery. This will be followed by a tour through the cemetery, after which people can linger and explore the grounds.
Laurel Hill Cemetery, a National Historic Landmark, can be considered multiple destinations in one! It is an outdoor sculptural garden, a horticultural gem and a truly unique historical resource. Nestled on a scenic bluff high above the Schuylkill River, the site also affords spectacular views that cannot be found elsewhere.
Tickets: FREE for Museum Council Members; $5 for the general public.
Come Out and Play! Museum Council’s Annual Celebration
Wednesday, June 20, 6:00 – 8:30 pm
Smith Memorial Playground
3500 Reservoir Dr, Philadelphia PA 19121
Join us for a playground party as we celebrate the 79th year of Museum Council. Come run, jump, and laugh with your museum friends, or enjoy the Giant Wooden Slide at Smith Memorial Playground as we hear from Museum Council about new initiatives and successes from the past year.
Feeling creative? Silkscreen your own tote bag with faculty from Fleisher Art Memorial. Or, participate in an interactive percussion performance with Tony Mascara from The Audio Lab. Then, explore the playground with a scavenger hunt and chances to win prizes
A picnic style buffet from Rybrew, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), and other treats are included with your ticket purchase. This is a family friendly event.
Museum Council Member – Individual/Institutional – $35.00
Museum Council Member – Student – $25.00
Non-Member – $45.00
Children under age 10 – Free
Past Events 2018:
- Behind-the-Scenes at the Philadelphia Zoo
- Behind the Screens: Interactives at the Museum of the American Revolution
Past Events 2017:
- Holiday Glögg Party
- Annual Fall Networking Event
- Is Accessibility a Priority? A Panel Discussion
- React and Chat: Museum Meet-Up #3
- Behind-the-Scenes at The Union League of Philadelphia
- 78th Annual Meeting and Celebration
- Behind-the-Scenes at the American Philosophical Society
- “What’s Next?” A One-Day Career Workshop and Symposium
- Curating Conflict: A Panel Discussion
- Behind-the-Scenes at The Wagner Free Institute of Science, February 23
- React and Chat: A Museum Meetup at Misconduct Tavern, February 15
- University Night at the Wells Fargo History Museum, February 3
- Behind-the-Scenes: “The Freedom Principle: Experiments in Art and Music, 1965 to Now” at the Institute of Contemporary Art, January 18