Fall Networking Event: “Planning for People in Museum Exhibitions”
Wednesday, November 7
6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Talk: 6:15pm – 7:15pm
Reception: 7:15pm – 8:30pm
Early Bird Registration until October 31!
University of the Arts, Terra Hall
211 S Broad St
Room 806 (8th floor)
How can we design truly engaging exhibitions and interpretive experiences by learning about our visitors and making space for them to contribute throughout the planning process? Independent Exhibitions principal and exhibit developer Kathleen McLean and Institute for Learning Innovation researcher Judy Koke, Ph.D. will share their work, guiding philosophies, and effective practices for integrating visitor perspectives into exhibitions and interpretation. Networking and refreshments to follow.
This event is co-sponsored by University of the Arts Museum Studies Department and the Delaware Art Museum.
Past Events 2018:
- Explore Historic Germantown with Museum Council
- Come out and Play! Museum Council’s Annual Celebration
- AAM Recap and Happy Hour at American Philosophical Society
- Behind-the-Scenes at Laurel Hill Cemetery
- Behind-the-Scenes at the Philadelphia Zoo
- Behind the Screens: Interactives at the Museum of the American Revolution