Is Accessibility a Priority? A Panel Discussion
Thursday, October 19, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Friends Center, 1501 Cherry Street
How can we make our institutions more welcoming and inviting to all of our guests? What does it mean to be accessible? Are we taking the time to ensure that accessibility is a priority? Join Museum Council for a panel discussion that will dive into this hefty topic. Three local accessibility experts will provide insight into how museums and cultural institutions can become more accessible to all.
Charlie Miller, Deputy Director, Art-Reach
John Orr, Executive Director, Art-Reach
Katie Samson, Assistant Director of Museum Education, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
Admission: $5, Museum Council members; $10, non-members; $2, Pennsylvania State ACCESS Cardholders. Click to register.
Light refreshments included with admission.
Museum Council of Greater Philadelphia invites members and friends to our Annual Fall Networking Event, presented Thursday, November 2 at The Center for Art in Wood in Old City. We’ll hear from special guest speaker Albert LeCoff, the Center’s Co-Founder and Executive Director. Emerging Museum Professionals will also be leading Museum Bingo. We’ll spend the rest of the evening meeting and catching up with our colleagues, and enjoying complimentary drinks and light bites.
Advance Tickets: $20, Museum Council members; $25, non-members
Past Events 2017:
- React and Chat: Museum Meet-Up #3
- Behind-the-Scenes at The Union League of Philadelphia
- 78th Annual Meeting and Celebration
- Behind-the-Scenes at the American Philosophical Society
- “What’s Next?” A One-Day Career Workshop and Symposium
- Curating Conflict: A Panel Discussion
- Behind-the-Scenes at The Wagner Free Institute of Science, February 23
- React and Chat: A Museum Meetup at Misconduct Tavern, February 15
- University Night at the Wells Fargo History Museum, February 3
- Behind-the-Scenes: “The Freedom Principle: Experiments in Art and Music, 1965 to Now” at the Institute of Contemporary Art, January 18,
Past Events 2016:
- Annual Fall Event: Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens, November 3
- Behind-the-Scenes and Happy Hour: “The Golden Age of King Midas” at the Penn Museum
- Reducing Hiring Bias in Museums
- Historic Philly History Hunt
- 77th Annual Meeting and Celebration
- Behind-the-Scenes: Headed to the White House at the National Constitution Center, April 24
- University Night at NextFab, January 29