Interested in Joining a Museum Council Committee?
Committees are volunteer based and meet regularly throughout the year. Committee members must be Museum Council members, but need not have experience in the particular interest. Joining a committee is a great way to add a skill set that you may not be using at your current job.
- Assist in planning Behind-the-Scenes tours at local museums and cultural institutions
- Develop and execute networking and programming activities at Museum Council annual events
- Explore and plan professional development topics and seminars for Museum Council members
If Programming sounds like the committee for you, or you would like additional information, please contact: Allison Krisch at email@example.com.
Marketing and Communications
- Create and maintain content for social media and website
- Design marketing materials for Museum Council programming.
- Find avenues for promoting Museum Council events.
- Secure sponsorships for Museum Council events as needed.
If Marketing and Communications sounds like the committee for you, or you would like additional information, please contact: Bridgette Matison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retain and recruit Museum Council members through internal and external events
- Plan and execute the Fall Networking Event geared toward a membership campaign
- Work with the Wild Apricot database in inputting new members, creating targeted renewal mailings, and acquisition mailings.
- Support all MC events through membership intake and assigning representation from the
Membership Committee to manage membership intake/answer questions at the
If Membership sounds like the committee for you, or you would like additional information, please contact: Charlie Miller at email@example.com.
Emerging Museum Professionals
This committee is a group for emerging museum/arts related staff and enthusiasts living in the Greater Philadelphia area. EMP facilitates social and professional opportunities for those in their first decade of a museum career. Our goal is to to create a participatory organization of museum professionals who, through dialogue, community action and innovation, work together to shape the future of the museum field.
If EMP sounds like the committee for you, or you would like additional information, please contact: Patrick Wittwer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a panelist for an upcoming Hire Learning program? Click here to sign up.
The Nominating Committee facilitates the elections of the Board of Directors of Museum Council. Any Member may apply to join the Board of Directors by submitting their qualifications to the Nominating Committee. From the candidates, the Nominating Committee develops recommendations for board service. Directors are voted on and approved by majority vote of the general membership at the June Annual Meeting.
If the Nominating Committee sounds like the committee for you, or you would like additional information, please contact: John Orr at email@example.com.